Hello! I created this blog in order to document my language learning progress and share my experiences with other language learners and those interested in languages and linguistics. I am a university student, majoring in French and completing a Diploma in Italian. I also speak English, Greek and have recently started learning Spanish over the holidays. As a first post, I thought it would be appropriate to post my language learning goals for the year.
1. Reach B2 level in Italian
2. Reach B1 level in Spanish, focus ONLY on Spanish for this year. It’s going to be hard since I am always studying other languages that interest me on the side, but I am determined to achieve B1-B2 level in the subsequent languages that I learn after English, Greek, French and Italian. In 2018 I would love to move onto Russian and perhaps Persian. Wow, I am already getting too carried away. I have a feeling that the “one language per year” strategy may work well for me.
3. Reach C2 level in French and Greek
4. Practice reading, writing and listening to my target languages every day. Practice speaking aloud at least 3 times per week.
5. Be more confident and accept the fact that making mistakes is a normal part of learning. Do not be embarrassed when speaking the language. Not everyone is sitting there and judging you. Confidence is key.
Please feel free to share your thoughts on the language learning strategy of “one language per year,” I would love to know whether anyone else has tried it, and how it worked for them.